Sunday, December 10, 2006

Poem Sunday: Herbert















Teach me, my God and King,
In all things Thee to see,
And what I do in anything,
To do it as for Thee.

A man that looks on glass,
On it may stay his eye,
Or, if he pleaseth, through it pass,
And then the heav'n espy.

All may of Thee partake:
Nothing can be so mean
Which with this motive, "For Thy sake,"
Will not grow bright and clean.

This is the famous stone
That turneth all to gold;
For that which God doth touch and own
Cannot for less be told.

George Herbert (1593-1633)


(Anybody recognize the sunset?)

3 comments:

Laura Kathryn said...

Harmony Hill. Corner of the Girls Tent?
Great poem.

Cimmanim said...

love the poem. i have that picture actually already. it's beautiful.

GravyGal said...

I thought it was HH - everything looks different at HH.

Ems

Ps Thanks for the note on my blog A.Rachel. ;) The Baby is doing great!