Wednesday, August 30, 2006

50 year old matron Fools All of the People Some of the Time

by rachel tsunami

I spent a really neat day, yesterday, on the U of M campus---had some coffee and danish in the university bookstore, business in the Art Dept., business in the Bursar's office, and spent some time watching people as they traversed the campus between classes. I saw Molly, Kathryn, and Beka some, but mainly stayed busy just trying to look like a hip, young, 2o something college student, which effort was largely unsuccessful I am sure.

It took me back a little; I had fun in college. But I didn't have anyone on campus that I shared the really important things with. So I also enjoyed knowing that today---somewhere out there---were Beka, and Andrew, and John, and Seth, and Ryan...(am I leaving any-UofM-one out?) attending their classes, and just plain ol' being there for Moo and Multi. And not just for the safety-in-numbers factor, but for the fellowship, support, and plain ol' fun they'll all have together.

What a great year this will be! Viva la!

8 comments:

Nardo said...

awww. I remember college. It was so much fun going to classes, walking about in the crisp fall air, sipping on coffee and relishing the sense of freedom that is the first semester.
I'm glad they have such a great support group. I think there were only two other people that were at UAFS when I was. Jill and Luke. Luke and I ate many lunches together and Jill was in choir with me.
I'm sure they will make many fond memories.

LaceyP said...

oh my...when I was getting ready to leave M & K Monday morning before their classes, we were all saying "oh, why don't I move to Memphis and go to school with everyone!" how much fun would that be?! I am so excited that they all get to experience that together!

I'm a little...um...what would be the proper word...envious?

Tommy said...

Sister Rachel, I apologize that my post on pluto wasn't a dream. :)

It was sad for me to find out that y'all changed the website template from what it was. The original template made me think of playing games with Dalton and Shafer under the trees on Eddings Hill.

rachel tsunami said...

Muth, (sp? it's hard to spell shortened words)

You were like the hip-est one on campus. Tote!

rachel tsunami said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
rachel tsunami said...

the seemingly self-aggrandizing comment above was actually posted by ~e.

i believe "hippest" would have two p's, dear. and thank you.

elliebird said...

oh my! Did I do that?

Androphenese said...

well you got everybody from our church, but Joe goes to and he is pretty much from our church :-)